Monday, September 3, 2012
8.31
The second we met I honestly knew, THIS IS IT. We exchanged glances all night, as you sat on the corner of that table. I wanted you to talk to me, but you were too busy entertaining other ladies. You claimed to be shy. If it weren't for JBaby and my thinking that you were quite the ladies man, we might not be here today.
The day after we met, I called the one person who would not think I was completely crazy for feeling like I had just fallen head over heels for a boy I had just met. Edotlouise is the knower of all things, so she said "It only takes one meeting, one person, one time". She was right.
For a year and a half, it has been a whirlwind of laughter, tears, wonderful memories, long drives, and long distance phone calls. I never knew I could miss someone as much as you. I've loved every second of this adventure.
As you all know, I've had the "bug" for quite some time. I've been SO ready to get married and be engaged. It has been a long ride. I'm sure you've caught the subtle hints on the blog that I was ready for TK to pop the question. Well, he finally did.
Friday (8.31) I was expecting his arrival. I've felt horrible all week, found out that afternoon that yes, it was another sinus infection. I cooked and then took advantage of my poor health by resting for the majority of the day. I get a text from TK right before 2 saying he was on his way. I called a million times. I was so ready to see him. I was expecting him to arrive around 7:30 so I decided I would shower around 5. Right before 5 he calls and says, I'm taking your exit. I'll be there in 10 minutes. Great. This wasn't the first time he's seen me look terrible, but seriously- I looked terrible. No make-up, no shower, baseball cap, over-sized t-shirt, and shorts that are at least a size too big that I'd been wearing for two days. I'm very glamorous here in the Big City.
He arrives. We are very excited. He's sweeter than usual, just thought awww he missed me this time! We visit. I shower. Throw the food in the oven. We bark back and forth- Should I really put on make-up? Are we really going out? He says yes, yes, put on something cute. Whatever. It's raining. We eat- he snarfs down ground turkey and whole wheat pasta, he's totally loving it and has no clue, I'm just smiling away. He's dead silent. Watching TV, won't look at me. All of a sudden he pops up and puts his shoes on. It's close to 8, I guess...way too early to go out.
He says, Let's go to Art Hill I want to see if my parents might like to go there next weekend (they're coming to visit). I'm all like- Nooo, it's raining. We can do it tomorrow. He persists. I fixed a glass of wine. His voice kind of changed and he said, just take it with you! But it's raininggggg.
He's panicked. I could tell. He walks to the kitchen and says- Beth, I love you but I don't want to do this here! I SCREAMED- Let me get my shoeeessss!!! We go running out the door for one of the most awkward car rides of our lives. He's sweating and shaking. We finally get there and hop out of the car. We walk to the "spot". He gets all sweet. Grabbed my hands. Looked at me and said- I know the next 40-50 years will be just like this, where you are arguing with me not wanting to do something, but some times you should just listen and go with it, there might be a surprise for you (Haha- SO me). He said a bunch of sweet stuff. I cried. He went to his knee. Fumbled in his boot to dig the ring out. Then presented me the MOST gorgeous ring I've ever seen in my life. We hugged the longest hug ever. I didn't care that it was raining anymore.
We then went and called everyone on the planet. It was so exciting. We celebrated with Berns, her parents, and Nelson...champagne, of course. We then headed to the Wildflower where the staff surprised us with cake and champagne. All these people came to our table to chat and see the ring. We ran home in the rain. Perfect night.
Tuck, you are one of my richest blessings. I tell you all the time, but you are everything I never knew I always wanted. You are so even tempered, kindhearted, and humble. I just adore you. You've been my biggest cheerleader during this marathon of school. I couldn't have run the race without you. I am so thankful we are about to cross the finish-line.
I'm ready to be your wife!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah! This is so sweet! I want to see a close up of the ring! So happy for you girl! :)
ReplyDeleteBeth, I love this post for so many reasons. Once again, I am so happy and excited for you!:)
ReplyDelete